- The Westshore Mother of Twins Welcome Back Social.Pregnant and parenting parents of multiples (and their kids) are welcome to the WMOTC Welcome Back Social on Sunday, Aug. 18 at Weiss Park. Face painting and simple activities will keep little ones entertained and the large playground can accommodate all ages, from crawlers to climbers. Hotdogs and a vegetarian option will be served, and cold beverages are also provided. Bring a side dish or dessert to share. The Playground Pavilion reserved, but please plan to bring a picnic blanket or lawn chairs.
- Not quite the weekend, but we're tagging it on anyway. On Monday, Aug. 19 from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. come celebrate the creation of the Black Cow (Root Beer Float), which debuted on Aug. 19, 1893 at the Westlake Porter Library. Program includes history, science and taste testing of many delicious flavor combinations. You can register online or by calling (440)250-5471.
- North Union Farmer's Market: Still running every Saturday, this is your place for fresh fruit and veggies. Saturdays, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. through Dec. 21, 2013. At Crocker Park in Westlake across from Trader Joe's on Market Street and Crocker Road.
- Catch a movie at Regal Crocker Park Cinemas. There's a whole bunch to choose from including newer releases Elysium, Planes and Despicable Me2.
- Need an outdoor music fix? Jump over to Lakewood on Sunday for a summer band concert starting at 7 p.m. at the Lakewood Park Bandstand, 14532 Lake Ave. The concert is free. In the event of rain, this concert will be held in the Lakewood City Hall Auditorium, 12650 Detroit Avenue.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something