5 Things You Need a Permit For in Westlake

Photo Credit: catonsville.patch.com
Photo Credit: catonsville.patch.com
Did you know that you 

If you're thinking of putting up a temporary tent, possibly for an event, you going to need a permit. You'll need to provide a site plan of where tents are going to be located2, provide a Certificate of Flame Resistance on Tents being installed and contact Westlake Fire Prevention at 440-835-6422 if cooking is being done under the tent.

If you're thinking about putting in a deck, make sure you get a permit. Decks have post requirements, maximum heights needs and required space between spindles. 

Yes, plush green lawns come with requirements and a $25 fee for a residential sprinkler. Sprinkler head location must be drawn on a topo for the property. If a topo is not available, a drawn diagram can be used. If any sprinkler heads are located in tree lawn, right-of-way, or utility easements, a Lawn Sprinkler Easement Permit needs to be obtained at our Engineering Department, signed, and paid for ($5) by the property owner before the permit is issued.


Doing some repairs and have one of those big garbage containers. You can onlyhave one not bigger than 16 ft. x 8 ft. x 8 ft. in height. Keep it on the driveway and away from the right-of-way. Keep the container shall be securely locked at all times and free of dents, rust and/or graffiti.

Vehicle/boat sales are permitted for a two-week period. Vehicles and/or boats must be parked on driveway and only one temporary sign is permitted on lot of sale. 


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »