Are you going to be busy today getting ready for the July 4th holiday?
Here are some key things you need to know as the holiday approaches:
- All local, state and federal government offices will be closed on Wednesday. That includes and all city departments except and .
- will be closed Wednesday and there will be no mail delivery.
- All banks will be closed Wednesday.
- There will be no trash pick-up on Wednesday. Trash pick-ups will be on a one-day delay for residents who regularly have pick-ups on Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays.
- will be closed Wednesday. It will reopen at 9 a.m. Thursday.
- Peterson Pool at will open at 11 a.m. Wednesday.
- It's going to be another scorcher on Independence Day. The forecast calls for sunny skies and a high in the low to mid-90s. Keep the sunscreen and cool beverages handy!
- Need to make more potato salad? Local grocery stores will be open on Wednesday. will be open its usual hours, from 5:30 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. will be open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- will kick off at 10 a.m. and will go down Hilliard Blvd. from to , where there will be a patriotic ceremony and a classic car show. Later in the day, there will be food vendors and music from DJ Eazy. Fireworks are after dusk.