No more pencils, books or teacher's dirty looks until 2013!
Westlake children in Westlake City Schools and St. Bernadette School start their holiday break Friday. And its a nice, long break. Classes don't start again until Jan. 7, 2013.
That also means that, after the Christmas rush is over, parents have almost two weeks to fill with activities and such for the children. Some solve the problem by traveling or doing day trips like skiing.
If you're sticking closer to home, we have a few ideas.
- Kids Active in Avon is hosting Christmas Day Camp over the holiday break where kids can spend the day with fun and active play.
- Have a fun family night at the Q as the Lake Erie Monsters have Westlake Early Childhood PTA night for their Dec. 29 game. Tickets are $15 and a portion of the proceeds goes to Westlake Early Childhood PTA.
- Take the kids tobogganing at The Chalet in the Cleveland Metroparks Mill Stream Run Reservation in Strongsville.
- Head over to the Westlake Rec Center for active family fun.
- An afternoon at the movies is fun. Regal Cinema at Crocker Park will have plenty of movies for all ages.
- You can get books and DVDs at Westlake Porter Library.
If your business, church or organization is hosting a family event over the holiday break, post it in our free events calendar.
What are your ideas for family fun time in or near Westlake over the holiday break? Share them with your neighbors in the comments.