Thanksgiving is one of the ultimate food holidays.
Just about everything to do with the day is centered around food: Shopping for it, preparing it, eating it, watching football after eating it because you're too stuffed to do anything else.
It's also about tradition. Woe be unto those who decide they want to make glazed carrots instead of the usual green bean casserole. They could end up getting booked on a guilt trip.
When we gather together at the Thanksgiving table, what dish do you reach for after (or before) the turkey?
What is the one dish that must be there no matter what? For my sister, it's creamed onions. For my father-in-law, it's sweet potato casserole.
Have you ever shaken up the Thanksgiving menu, and how was that received by everyone at the table?
Share your favorite by taking our poll, and posting recipes and memories in the comments.
See More on Patch
- A Nurse's Rewards In Working with the Intellectual, Developmentally Disabled
- Caribou Closing and Internet Cafe Raids: April's Top Stories
- A New Bishop, Drunk Man and a Really Big Bonfire: Week in Review
- Westlake Man Cited After Setting 40-Ft. Brush Fire
- The Top 11 in Westlake News: Kids, Coyotes and Closings