Welcome back, Patch Blogger!
What's Going On This Week?
Here are five things to know about!
Recreation Center Park
- Discover The Magic of Reading as comedy juggler and ventriloquist Mike Hemmelgarn puts on a show for children and parents at 7 p.m. Monday at Westlake Porter Library. And if you're looking for reading ideas for your little ones, best-selling author James Patterson has teamed with Patch with age-appropriate reading lists for kids from toddlers to teens.
- Do you know a child touched by cancer? The Gathering Place, with Art Therapy Studio in partnership with The Littlest Heroes, is hosting an afternoon of art to help them express their feelings about cancer. There are two sessions, one at 2 p.m. Wednesday and one at 2 p.m. July 18. Attendance at both sessions is welcome.
- The tenth annual Westlake Relay For Life has a new home, Recreation Center Park. It gets underway at 4 p.m. Friday.
- Want to cheer for athletes who don't care about endorsement deals or groupies? Come on out to the third annual Westlake Special Olympics at 10 a.m. Saturday at Westlake High School.
- The summer concert series at the Recreation Center Park pavilion are underway, with performances at 6:30 p.m. on Sundays. This week's concert features performers Logan Wells and Jeremy Colosimo.
, Relay for Life
, Special Olympics
, the gathering place
, and westlake porter library