The first big weekend of summer (well, unofficially summer) is Memorial Day weekend.
In addition to enjoying the burgers and hot dogs, don't forget to take some time to remember the reason for the weekend.
This year's Memorial Day parade starts at 10 a.m. Monday. It departs from Westlake Christian Church, then will head east down Hilliard Blvd. to Clague Park. A ceremony will follow the parade at Clague Park.
Here are some other key things to know about the coming holiday weekend:
- City Hall is closed on Monday, May 28.
- All city departments, except police and fire, will be closed Monday.
- Trash/recycling pick-up will be on a one-day delayed schedule next week.
- The Post Office will be closed and there will be no mail delivery on Monday.
- Porter Library will start its Sunday summer closings on Sunday, May 27. It will also be closed on Monday for Memorial Day.
- Westlake City Schools will be closed on Monday. The district offices will also be closed.
- Giant Eagle will be open its usual hours, from 5:30 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. Marc's will be open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.