Westlake School Board Election 2011: Anthony Falcone
As part of our election coverage, Westlake Patch will provide profiles of each of the candidates for school board.
Editor's Note: As part of Westlake Patch's local election coverage, we will provide profiles of each of the candidates running for office. These profiles will offer biographical and issue-oriented details about each of the candidates to help you, the voters, make more-informed decisions at the ballot box. Stay tuned for more coverage of the election.
Name: Anthony (Tony) Falcone
Date of Birth: Aug. 6, 1972
Occupation: Underwriting Director, RLI Corp.
Education: Westlake High School (1990), Bachelor of Science in Journalism, Bowling Green State University (1994)
MBA, Ashland University (2006)
Family: Wife Lauren, Daughter Abigail (11 years), sons Samuel (8 years) and Jacob (3 years)
Years residing in Westlake: 1977 – 1995, 2007 - present
Office Sought: Westlake Board of Education
Previous Public Offices Held: None
Campaign Web Page: www.falconeforkids.com
I am running for school board because I care deeply about my three children – all currently in Westlake Schools or soon to be – as well as the roughly 4,000 students in the district today. I also believe strongly in district excellence – at an excellent value.
I am a proud product of Westlake schools – grades K through 12 – and Westlake teachers, administrators and coaches all played a significant role in making me the person I am today. I am absolutely committed to ensuring that each and every student has a similar, positive experience.
As a board member, I promise to:
- Have an absolute passion for the district – and remember that my first priority is the educational welfare of the students.
- Recognize that my job is one of governance. It is my responsibility to help set the direction for the district, and then allow the superintendent and staff to do their jobs.
- Hold all employees of the district accountable for their performance.
- Continually look for ways to improve the district's budget position – from both a revenue and cost perspective.
- Provide a voice for all stakeholders – including students, staff, administration and taxpayers.
I am asking for your vote on Nov. 8.