• A Prestwick Crossing man reported that three illicit withdrawals were made from his account on Aug. 8, 10, and 13 at ATMs in the Toledo area. They totaled $910.00 and he had his ATM card in his possession at that time. There are no suspects.
• When checking his bank statement, a Remington Drive man found two withdrawals from his account that he did not make. They occurred in the Toledo area on Aug. 9 and 13 and totaled $1,003. He had his debit card in his possession during that time frame. No suspects, and the bank involved is not the same as the Prestwick Crossings man’s in a previous item.
Property damage, theft
An Independence man’s 2010 Elantra had the front passenger window broken out on Aug. 14 between 7:30 and 8:20 p.m. A purse and its contents were taken (total value $125) while the vehicle was parked at a First Street business.
Both parts of a Center Ridge Road couple were arrested for domestic violence after a 10:31 p.m. incident on Aug. 14. The 26-year-old husband’s version of the dispute: She threatened to burn the apartment with a grill lighter so he bear-hugged her. The 27-year-old wife’s version: He held her down and choked her after she threatened to set the apartment on fire. The male has a previous domestic violence arrest and conviction stemming from a March 15, 2012, arrest, thus this latest arrest represents a a felony offense.
See More on Patch
- Drunk Man Tries to Bail out Woman for Drunk Driving, Promptly Arrested
- Drunk Man ‘Intended to Put Woman in Hospital’: Police Blotters
- Woman Calls 911 Over Stolen Laundry: Best of the Blotter
- Assault on a Police Officer, Spitting in a Cruiser: Two Out of Three Drunks Misbehave
- Teen, Father Get Into a Fight After Dad Claims Son Sent Pornographic Pic