Ticket Info for President Obama's Stop at Kent State Wednesday
Tickets required for campaign stop at MAC
Editor's note: The Obama campaign has limited the number of tickets to 5,000. Read about it here.
Tickets are required in order to enter the campaign stop in the Kent State Memorial Athletic and Convocation Center. Doors for the event open at 3:30 p.m.
Tickets will be handed out one per person on a first-come, first-served basis at three locations around town starting at 9 a.m. today. The locations are:
- Risman Plaza — Kent State University Campus (in front of the Kent Student Center), 1085 Risman Drive, Kent, OH
- Obama for America-Kent — 1307 S. Water St., Kent, OH
- Obama for America-East Akron — 396 East Waterloo Rd., Akron, OH
Those seeking tickets at the Obama for America-Kent office should park at University Plaza and walk one block to the campaign office, as the parking lot there will be closed.
University officials released the following information and advisories regarding the president's forthcoming visit:
In preparation of Wednesday’s presidential visit, members of the Kent State community and visitors to the campus should be aware of the following:
- Kent State University Library will not be affected.
- Kent Student Center will remain open with possible restrictions on Wednesday.
- Gym Annex will be open for activities on Tuesday and Wednesday with no access to the MAC Center.
- Residence halls will not be affected.
- MAC Center activities will be affected Tuesday and closed Wednesday.
- Allow extra time for all activities adjacent to and around the MAC Center beginning Monday evening.
- Parking in the R-11 lot behind the Kent Student Center and MAC Center will be limited on Monday and Tuesday. It will be closed on Wednesday.
- The R-3 lot next to Taylor Hall will be closed to students, faculty and staff beginning at 9 a.m. Wednesday.
- Manchester Field will be open to foot traffic throughout Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Midway Drive from Theatre Drive to the MAC Center will be closed beginning 9 a.m. Wednesday. Foot traffic can continue on the east side of the road and to all buildings in that area.
- There will be limited access to Williams Drive on Wednesday.
- Foot traffic around the MAC Center will be restricted on Wednesday.
- Visitor parking and metered parking in front of the MAC Center will be limited on Wednesday.
- Classes held in all other buildings will go on as scheduled.