The woman who recieved a nasty uppercut from an RTA bus driver in Beachwood last month could face criminal charges for her actions, the RTA announced today.
Shi'dea Lane, 25, reportedly boarded an RTA #5 bus Sept. 18 without paying. A dispute began — which was recorded on a cell phone and later became a viral video — that ended in the notorious uppercut delivered by the angry bus driver.
The RTA filed charges with the City of Beachwood today, and the police department said that the city prosecutor is working on the case this afternoon.
The driver, 22-year RTA veteran Artis Hughes, told Transit Police that Lane choked him and spit on his face while he was driving. Though Beachwood and Transit Police responded to the altercation, neither party filed charges on the day of the incident.
See More on Patch
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Goes to Bail Friend is Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- Babies Spotted on Roof, Abductions Reported, Man Spits on Cop: Best of the Blotter
- Spit Flies at Walmart; Death Threats Over iPod: Best of the Blotter
- Man Robs Bank With Pen: Burglars Target Frozen Turkeys: Best of the Blotter
- Adults Accused Of Abandoning Toddler In Favor Of The Bar