Parkside Math Club Earns Awards at Regional Math Tournament
Teams took home four trophies and ribbons!
Members of the Parkside Math Club took home four trophies and four championship ribbons from the Greater Cleveland Council of Teachers of Mathematics Annual Problem Solving Tournament at Emerson Elementary School in Lakewood.
Math Club advisors are fifth grade teachers Cathy Pietroski and Bridget McMahan.
Teams that were awarded trophies include:
- Sixth-grade team of Patrick Lee, Kyle Kinney, Ryan Karpuszka and Neil McGrogan
- Sixth-grade team of Steven Brewer, Cory DuBois, Patrick Smith and Donovan DuBois
- Fifth-grade team of Angela Zhu, Akshya Dhinakaran, Talya Seter and Claire Brewer
- Fifth-grade team of Esther Park, Chad Sargent, Akhilesh Reddy and Amin Bouzkam
The following teams were awarded championship ribbons:
- Sixth-grade team of Samil Sasain, Alex Rujawitz, Rachael Kaiser and Aaron Kim
- Sixth-grade team of Megan Fulton, Angela Campo, Kate Fulton and Kara McNeilly
- Sixth-grade team of Holly Tomkalski, Maria Alamir, Crystal Zhao and Miranda Li
- Fifth-grade team of Matthew Eppele, Sophia Peck, Nick Bauer and Robert Fulo