After more than a year, the former Borders store in The Promenade at Crocker Park is going to be occupied.
Nordstrom Rack, the discount outlet for Nordstrom, will open there in the fall of 2013.
The store will be about 34,000 square feet.
This will be the first Nordstrom on the west side. There's a Nordstrom at Beachwood Place and a Nordstrom Rack in Legacy Village.
Nordstrom Rack carries current items at 50 to 60 percent off original Nordstrom prices. It also sells clothing, accessories and shoes from many of the brands carried in Nordstrom stores, bought specifically for Nordstrom Rack, with savings up to 70 percent off.
"We're excited to have the opportunity to better serve Cleveland's west side community with our new Rack at Crocker Park," Geevy Thomas, president of Nordstrom Rack, said in a statement. "We're looking forward to getting our doors open next fall so that we can start taking care of those customers in a location that's more convenient for them."
See More on Patch
- The Top 10 Westlake Projects in 25 Years: Bob Parry Counts Them Down
- Hot Mama to open at Crocker Park Wednesday
- Caribou Coffee Closing, Some Reopening as Peet's Coffee & Tea
- Resident's 'Pure Barre' Studio is a Westlake Near Miss, Opens in Avon
- Million-Dollar Home for Sale has Wine Cellar, Two Kitchens
Most Popular articles
- Busing, Teachers on the Cutting Block After Proposed $1 Million in Cuts
- Westlake Couple Loses 200 Pounds, Runs Cleveland Half Marathon
- Ground Floor Condo For Sale Under $90,000 in Westlake
- Drunk Man Tries to Bail out Woman for Drunk Driving, Promptly Arrested
- 8 Student Athletes, Coach and Community Member Honored By WHS