Welcome back, Patch Blogger!
News of the Week: Music Teacher Arrested, State House Candidates Address Voters
Here's what happened in Westlake this week
- Music teacher and Westlake United Methodist Church choir director Kevin Foster, 36, was arrested and charged with providing alcohol to two underaged young women who were students in his private music teaching business. Westlake Police are investigating other relationships Foster may have had with students.
- A Westlake man had an epic post-DUI meltdown, threatening to rape and kill relatives of St. John Medical Center employees, biting a nurse and breaking her finger. Christopher Warner, 22, is being charged with DUI, hit-skip and driving under suspension and will likely face felony assault charges for attacking the nurse.
- Incumbent Republican 16th District State Representative Nan Baker and her Democratic challenger, Andrew Mayer, talked about local issues at a League of Women Voters candidate forum in Rocky River.
- Westlake Fire Department was given $1,000 from Kiwanis International after Westlake Kiwanis earned the grant to help provide child-sized rescue equipment.
- We said goodbye to summer Saturday morning as fall began. What are your favorite parts of fall? Come share your fall photos!
, Christopher Warner
, Kevin Foster
, League Of Women Voters
, Music Teacher
, Rick Grane
, Westlake Police
, nan baker
, westlake fire department
, and westlake kiwanis