Several people saw the incident, including one man who chased 25-year-old Mitchell Kuhn through the parking lot and helped a Westlake police officer subdue Kuhn so he could be arrested.
The victim, a 20-year-old Cleveland woman, did not know Kuhn. She was taken to St. John Medical Center for cuts and bruises to her head, and received stitches.
Kuhn complained of chest pains and was also taken to the hospital. He had been drinking prior to the attack, Westlake police reported. Illegal drug use is also suspected.
After being checked out at the hospital, Kuhn was taken into custody and is being charged with felonious assault. Kuhn was originally believed to be from Las Cruces, NM, but also gave Westlake police an Elyria address.
See More on Patch
- Drunk Man Tries to Bail out Woman for Drunk Driving, Promptly Arrested
- Car, Bike, Power Tools, Clothing Stolen: In the Blotters
- Things Large and Small Stolen in Westlake
- Assault on a Police Officer, Spitting in a Cruiser: Two Out of Three Drunks Misbehave
- Westlake Man Crashes SUV, Hospitalized After Police Chase