Lots to Do This Mother's Day Weekend
Here's what's going on around Westlake
- Spring cleaning often leads to garage sales. And there's one this weekend in Westlake. Did you know you can post your garage sale on our events calendar? It's easy, and free!
- Something else that happens in spring? Your car gets a lovely coating of pollen, with splotches of bird poop. Clean it off between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. at #1 Express Car Wash, 25247 Detroit Road, which is hosting a fundraiser for Steven G. AYA Cancer Research Fund. Volunteers will be on hand to wipe out door jambs, vacuum and polish windows and mirrors for a donation. $1 of each car wash bought will be donated to the Steven G. AYA Cancer Research Fund.
- The 57th annual Music a la Mode is from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday at Westlake High School. Kids can get a hands-on music experience at the Instrument Petting Zoo. Longtime music director Thomas Hill will be honored at the 7:15 p.m. concert.
- Help out a good cause and find something cool at the Westlake Historical Society's yard sale Saturday at Clague House Museum.
- Enjoy an afternoon of great music at Music of Lerner and Loewe at 3 p.m. Sunday at Christ the Redeemer United Church of Christ. Songs from classics such as My Fair Lady, Brigadoon, Gigi and Camelot will be performed by soloists, instrumentalists, ensembles, and the whole choir. A reception will follow.