A Westlake girl is getting quite a head start on what may be a future career.
Kelsey Dover is one of 42 children in Northeast Ohio competing to win the UH Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital's Mini-Reporter Challenge. She talks about car safety and the new texting while driving ban in her report.
Kelsey is a student at Parkside Intermediate School and plays soccer for the Westake A team Green Machine. She often volunteers to help teachers during recess.
"She's loved by so many for her thoughtfulness and great sense of humor," said her mom, Jennifer.
Kelsey first entered because she thought it would be fun to be a TV reporter. Then she found out that the winner gets a trip to Walt Disney World, a place she's always wanted to go.
See More on Patch
- ‘Lots In One’ Takes the Fight Against Cancer to the Street, Hosting Major Garage Sale
- Have You Lost Someone to Cancer? Westlake Relay for Life Event Kicks Off May 14
- Westlake Women’s Club Adding Gaming to Annual Fundraiser
- Valentine "Hunks" Raises $1,660 for Charity
- Parkside Panthers Spur Districtwide Baseball, Softball Equipment Drive