Jennifer Kearney of Westlake was sentenced to three years in prison for hitting and killing a motorcyclist while driving drunk, and driving the wrong way, on Interstate 90 in Cleveland.
Kearney, 29, was also fined $1,000, according to the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office.
Kearney pleaded guilty Oct. 17 to aggravated vehicular homicide and driving under the influnce in Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas.
Motorcyclist Kenneth Stith, 54, of Akron was struck by Kearney around 1:30 a.m. on July 1, 2011. Stith, who was not wearing a helmet, was pronounced dead at the scene.
See More on Patch
- Loco Leprechuan, Infinity 2 Raided in Internet Cafe Sweep
- Spit Flies at Walmart; Death Threats Over iPod: Best of the Blotter
- Teenager Gets Jumped While Trying To Sell IPod
- Woman Accused Of Driving Drunk, Fleeing From Crashes
- Funky Odor Dooms Suspected Chuck E. Cheese Weed Dealer: Best of the Blotter