A Westlake woman is being charged after her drinking got out of hand and led to her hitting her sons.
The father of the boys, both of whom are in their teens, called Westlake police for a welfare check around 8:50 p.m. on July 24. The boys had called their father, who is divorced from their mother, telling him they'd left the house because their mother was drunk, that she'd punched the younger boy in the head and slapped the elder one, and had also threatened the older one with a kitchen utensil.
When police arrived, they found the mother backing her car out of the garage. Her blood-alcohol content turned out to to be .145 and she was arrested for DUI and domestic violence.
After she was arrested, the boys urged police to make sure she ate some food so she'd feel better, adding they usually just put her to bed when she was drinking. The boys were turned over to their father and Children's Services was called in.
See More on Patch
- Man, Woman Get Drunk, Pass Out on Others’ Lawns
- Woman Calls 911 Over Stolen Laundry: Best of the Blotter
- Teen, Father Get Into a Fight After Dad Claims Son Sent Pornographic Pic
- Heed The Warning: Solicitor Drives 72-Year-Old To Bank To Give Him Money
- Four Charged After Underage Drinking Party On Saddlebrook Lane