Just a few weeks before Scott A. Smith is scheduled to go on trial for bringing weapons into a showing of The Dark Night Rises, someone else got in trouble for bringing a knife into a theater there, as well as causing other kinds of problems.
A 35-year-old man from Willoughby was drunk, and lying and sitting on the floor in one of the theatres at Regal Cinema around 8:15 p.m. on Nov. 4. An off-duty Westlake Police officer working security led the man out of the building.
Once outside, the man lunged at the officer, who pinned him until backup arrived. The man was found to be carrying a spring-operated knife.
The man is being charged with disorderly conduct by intoxication, resisting arrest and carrying various weapons.
Razor blade down pants not sharpest idea
Considering the alternative, this could have ended much worse.
A 21-year-old Avon Lake man tried to steal about $100 worth of stuff from a Detroit Road drugstore at 8:44 p.m. on Nov. 3.
He was stuffing the merchandise down his pants when he cut his finger on a razor blade, one of the things he had stolen.
The man has been charged with petty theft.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Busing, Teachers on the Cutting Block After Proposed $1 Million in Cuts
- Westlake Couple Loses 200 Pounds, Runs Cleveland Half Marathon
- Ground Floor Condo For Sale Under $90,000 in Westlake
- Drunk Man Tries to Bail out Woman for Drunk Driving, Promptly Arrested
- 8 Student Athletes, Coach and Community Member Honored By WHS