Former CBS News chief White House correspondent Jim Axelrod is coming to Westlake to talk about his new book.
Axelrod will be at the Performing Arts Center at Westlake High School at 7 p.m. Sept. 8. He will talk about his book, In the Long Run, and will also sign copies of the book. There will be books available for purchase at the Performing Arts Center.
Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
In the Long Run is about Axelrod's quest to not only run the 2009 New York City Marathon, but to beat his late father's time in the race.
This effort comes as his career and personal life are both presenting him with challenges of their own. Axelrod reflects on his own father, his family issues, and the price of climbing the ladder in a competitive news industry.
Axelrod is an Emmy-winning national correspondent for CBS News. He served as chief White House correspondent from 2006 to 2009. He also covered the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the 2004 and 2008 presidential elections.
See More on Patch
- Westlake Novelist Eyeing Publication Prize for Children's Novel
- Westlake Pianist Performs in 'Music Al La Mode'
- WHS Students Sweep Top Honors From Renacci in Congressional Art Competition
- Meet West Side Market Author Laura Taxel at Porter Library
- Custard, Coasters and Carousels: The History of Euclid Beach Park