Attack on Mercedes-Benz Ends in Charges
The following arrest information was provided by the Westlake Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
It was Fight Night on Canterbury Road near Westwood Road as a brawl broke out in the early hours of June 15.
Five men were arrested in the fight, which happened around 1:30 a.m.
One group of men confronted another and began punching, kicking and head-butting their white Mercedes-Benz. A fight broke out, then the suspects went their separate ways.
Westlake police investigated the incident there and at Chaucer Drive as well as Bassett Road.
The following charges were filed:
- A 21-year-old Westlake man faces charges of obstructing official business, criminal damaging, aggravated menacing, disorderly conduct, and obscene language/indecent acts.
- A 20-year-old Westlake man faces charges of obstructing official business, criminal damaging, aggravated menacing, disorderly conduct, and obscene language/indecent acts.
- A 29-year-old Westlake man faces charges of obstructing official business and disorderly conduct.
- A 28-year-old Westlake man faces obstructing official business and disorderly conduct charges.
- A 21-year-old Westlake man was arrested for impersonating a police officer and possession of criminal tools for his black Honda Pilot vehicle being illegally equipped with a siren and flashing lights, and carrying various weapons (a knife) and two counts of aggravated menacing.
All of the obstructing official business charges are for making false statements to the investigating officers. All of the criminal damaging charges relate to dents on the Mercedes. The aggravated menacing charges are for threats made during the brawl. The disorderly conduct charges relate to fighting in the street. The obscene language/indecent acts charges stem from vulgarities shouted during the fracas.