The City of Westlake will tackle the next stages of the American Greetings world headquarters project in the coming weeks.
At Thursday's meeting of City Council, council president Michael Killeen said a special meeting of the Committee of the Whole -- comprised of Mayor Dennis Clough, members of council, and city department heads -- could be called in the next few weeks to take up the next step in the project, hiring a general contractor.
After council approved the preliminary development plan for the project in September, the general contractor job for the city's share of the project was put out to bid.
City engineer Robert Kelly said after Thursday's meeting that the bids are still being reviewed.
After the Committee of the Whole goes through the bids, council votes on approving the general contractor for the project.
The bid for the general contractor job needs to be approved by council before the city's finance department can sell bonds to cover the cost of the contract, planning director Robert Parry explained.
See More on Patch
- The Top 10 Westlake Projects in 25 Years: Bob Parry Counts Them Down
- Nate Cross, Candidate for Westlake City Council Ward 2
- Ice Rink, Concert Area, Farmers Market Possible for Market Square & Crocker Commons
- Prince of Peace Cell Tower Options Reviewed Tonight
- Planning Commission Approves 195’ Cell Tower for Roman Park