- American Greetings announced it's delaying the start of construction of its planned world headquarters at Crocker Park while the company considers a buyout offer from the Weiss family that would take the company private.
- The announcement came one day after the city cancelled a Committee of the Whole meeting where the hiring of a contractor for the city's part of the project was expected to be sent to City Council for approval at its Dec. 6 meeting.
- Daniel Jung, the Westlake man who ran over and killed his father and injured his mother in 2004, was arrested Thursday and accused of trying to set fire to his brother's garage. Jung had been living at the Woodpath Trail home since July, when he was released from prison.
- A Rite-Aid employee and her friend were busted in a scheme that involved printing out $11,000 in lottery tickets at the store and not paying for them, then cashing any winnings.
- Susan Warren, the Elyria woman dubbed the "Cleaning Fairy" after breaking into a Westlake home, doing some light housecleaning and leaving the homeowner a bill for her work, was sentenced to a year's probation.
Thanks. We'll email you the next time we update this story.