A vote on a planned adult day care center for people with developmental disabilities will be held at the Oct. 4 meeting of Westlake City Council.
At Thursday's meeting at City Hall, council members heard a second reading of the ordinance that would permit Our Lady of the Wayside to open the day care center at 24650 Center Ridge Road.
A public hearing will be held prior to the 8 p.m. Oct. 4 council meeting.
The day care center would be in the rear of what has been known as the King James II building, said city planning director Bob Parry.
It would be a single-story facility. Handicapped-accessible vans would be bringing residents from nearby residential facilities to the day care center in the morning, and then picking them up in the afternoon.
There would also be a courtyard at one of the sides of the building, and it would be fenced in.
Approval of the day care center would be contigent upon the facility's fire suppression equipment meeting state code.
See More on Patch
- The Top 10 Westlake Projects in 25 Years: Bob Parry Counts Them Down
- Prince of Peace Cell Tower Shelved Indefinitely
- Prince of Peace Cell Tower Options Reviewed Tonight
- Five Seasons Closing May 31, Hyland Purchases Property for $11.1 Million
- Planning Commission Approves 195’ Cell Tower for Roman Park