5 Things To Know Today: Monday, June 13
A planning commission meeting, Pinot and pizza deal and some thoughts on Jim Tressel.
1) Westlake's own Blake Thomas, a recent St. Ignatius High School graduate who signed with Ohio State in May, was recently quoted in an article on ESPN.com. Thomas gave some thoughts about his commitment to the OSU team following Jim Tressel's resignation. Thomas said he has always had a "pretty good relationship" with Tressel and is sticking with the Buckeyes next season.
2) The weather today will be partly sunny with a high near 69 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Experts are predicting more clouds with a low of about 53.
3) The city's planning commission will meet tonight at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall to discuss several conditional use permits including one for an indoor playground, a personal training studio and a fitness center. To see the full agenda, click on the attached PDF.
4) Today marks the beginning of National Men's Health Week. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, heart disease is the number one cause of death for men, followed closely by cancer. To find out what you can do to prevent these maladies, visit the CDC's tips on heart disease and cancer prevention.
5) Looking to get out for dinner and drinks now that the weather is drying out? 87 West has a Monday Pizza & Pinot deal. A glass of Pinot Noir and any flatbread is just $10.