4th of July: What's Open, Closed and Going On
Everything you need to know about the holiday right here
Are you going to be busy today getting ready for the July 4th holiday?
Here are some key things you need to know as the holiday approaches:
- All local, state and federal government offices will be closed on Wednesday. That includes Westlake City Hall and all city departments except Police and Fire.
- Post offices will be closed Wednesday and there will be no mail delivery.
- All banks will be closed Wednesday.
- There will be no trash pick-up on Wednesday. Trash pick-ups will be on a one-day delay for residents who regularly have pick-ups on Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays.
- Westlake Porter Library will be closed Wednesday. It will reopen at 9 a.m. Thursday.
- Peterson Pool at Clague Park will open at 11 a.m. Wednesday.
- It's going to be another scorcher on Independence Day. The forecast calls for sunny skies and a high in the low to mid-90s. Keep the sunscreen and cool beverages handy!
- Need to make more potato salad? Local grocery stores will be open on Wednesday. Giant Eagle will be open its usual hours, from 5:30 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. Marc's will be open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Trader Joe's will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Westlake's parade will kick off at 10 a.m. and will go down Hilliard Blvd. from Westlake High School to Clague Park, where there will be a patriotic ceremony and a classic car show. Later in the day, there will be food vendors and music from DJ Eazy. Fireworks are after dusk.
- Going to be out and about? Check out our interactive map of fireworks around Northeast Ohio.